Saturday, February 2, 2008

HOME SWEET HOME

We left Guangzhou on Thursday am. Got into Hong Kong just before lunch time. We checked into the Regal Airport Hotel. What a nice place! We then got Ricky to take a nap. After naptime, we went for a walk in the Airport. I must say - this airport was insanely nice. Terminal 2 is filled with shopping, restuarants and more shopping. We had a Krispy Kreme donut for snack - yummy tasted just like home. Ricky liked them! Then again what kid wouldn't.

We left Hong Kong on Friday am at 10:30 am (woke up at 4:30 am). The flight was okay. Ricky was okay - it wasn't easy. Needless to say we won't be doing this when he is young. 15 hours on a plane with a little monkey climbing is not easy. Between stuffing him with food and his climbing on us, he behaved pretty good. We tried to get him to go to sleep. I think he slept maybe 4 hours top total. He doesn't like to sleep in one position so it was hard for him to get comfortable. We made it to NY by 12 noon. Then we had to go through immigration and customs. Ricky became a US citizen in NY. We had to wait till 4:30 pm for our flight to ATL. By that time, Bill and I had no sleep - we were on hour 20 I believe. Emily slept a bit on the plane.

We got to ATL at little past 7 and was greeted by family - my parents, Bill's dad and step-mom, great aunt and great uncle. They had a sign, balloons and flowers. We felt like a Rock Star. It was very good to be greeted by family even though we were exhausted. I was so faint from exhaustion, Bill had to get me some sugar - a nice cold coca cola! (I normally drink diet but the sugar was helpful).

Ricky went to bed at 11:30 pm and slept till 1:00 pm Saturday. He did wake up a couple of times but it was only briefly. We shall see what tonight brings. It is 11:oo pm and we are going to try to put to him bed soon.

Will post more later....

Jen

7 comments:

Diane said...

Welcome HOme! Ricky is adorable. Can't wait to hear more about everything.

Cavatica said...

Home!!! Glad you made it safe and sound.

Michele said...

Good to hear you are home. I'm sure your own beds feel like heaven.

Mei Mei Journal said...

Isn't it great to be home?
April

Bristol Stompers said...

Jen - I am so glad that the weather did not affect you guys. I am happy that you are home and doing well. The jet lag is a killer - call or email when you get a chance - Kim

ps - Liana is doing well - 3 weeks home and adjusting perfectly!!!!

Special K said...

Welcome home! Ricky seems like such a happy guy. Thank you for all your words of advice.

Queen Diva said...

Hello Jennifer,

Thanks for visiting my blog! Ricky is so cute.

See you back at the office next month (June 2008).

Andrea